We are PIPPIN WHOLESALE COMPANY, providing products to our customers at competitive prices with satisfaction and service our #1 priority at all times.
Harrison Grocer Co. was founded in 1916 by T. E. Milburn to service grocery stores with products like food, staple items, feed, and hardware. Through the years, the company has continued to increase the product line (candy, tobacco, pet food, paper products, drugs, health and beauty aids, and more). The service area continued to expand into other counties in Arkansas and Missouri. In 1952, Harrison Grocer Co. bought Pippin Wholesale Company (a competitor similar to Harrison Grocer Co.). The products and customer base of Pippin Wholesale Company has changed from retail groceries to institutional items over the past years. The customer base now includes: schools, hospitals, restaurants, manufacturing, convenience and grocery stores, and motel facilities. These two companies were operated under the corporate name, Harrison Grocer Co., Inc., in 1953. With the transformation of the two companies over the years into two distinct businesses with different product lines and customer bases, the office functions of the businesses were combined in 1988. We presently operate one company with one distribution center.